As society continues to shift into digital practices, the hunt for a high-paying work from home job has become a reality for many professionals. With job reports from May 2020 showcasing over 33 million Americans filing for unemployment, it has never been more important to find the means to earn a healthy living while maintaining social restrictions.
However, some job seekers mistakenly believe they cannot make enough money if they do not report to an office job. Here we will outline the jobs and companies that make working at home fiscally rewarding and, in most cases, stress-reducing.
When you begin your search for high paying work from home jobs, the first step is to determine your skills and the fields in which you have experience. The qualifications for remote jobs are often identical to those required for their in-office counterparts, and this can give you a good idea of what you can apply for.
However, do not allow your past career experience to define your online search. Many people have found promising second acts that can come with trends in remote work. Focus your job search more on your relevant skills and required salary than past history.
All of the professions listed below have an average salary of roughly $92,000 annually.
- Front-End Developers - These are the folks responsible for designing the visuals we all enjoy on our favorite apps and websites. Such positions require the ability to write code and generally rely on visual design or back-end experience in programs like Java, Ruby, .NET, and PHP. Front-end developers can make up to $108,000 per year.
- PR Directors - These professionals are in charge of managing the public image of a company. In terms of a high paying remote job, this position commands some of the highest salaries out there, with top-end figures reaching up to $140,000 per year. Most of these roles require a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years’ experience. However, if you can write press releases, possess excellent leadership skills, know how to generate media kits, and are good at organizing public events, this might be the job for you.
- Senior Account Managers - If communication and relationship-building are your cups of tea, becoming a remote senior account manager can net you up to $110,00 per year. Your primary duties will include interpreting and responding to client needs, enhancing sales, and handling communications between your company and its clients.
- Mobile Developers - If you are technologically inclined and know how to fix or make apps, a mobile developer role can bring in a potential salary of $113,000 annually, while working from home. A deep understanding of computer operating systems and smartphone technology will be required. Applicants might be required to demonstrate their skills by way of a demo or work portfolio.
- Technical Support Managers - With everyone spending more and more time in front of various screens, a hefty need for technical support has been simultaneously generated. Technical support managers help to install software, resolve program and hardware issues, and offer on-call support to clients. These high paying remote jobs typically show top-end earnings of around $119,000 per year and require applicants to remain up-to-date on new and breaking technologies.
- Business Development Managers - If you like high stakes along with your high paying remote job, becoming a business development manager could be the move. These jobs require employees to maintain business relationships, find new clients, manage accounts, meet sales goals, and increase revenue. Essentially, the function of this role is to build businesses up and help them scale at their desired rate. The compensation for this responsibility can net up to $122,000 per year.
- Medical Writers - One of the highest-paying work from home jobs – and one of the few in which you can have a starting salary of more than $50,000 per year – is to become a medical writer. Medical writers create articles that translate heavily technical scientific writing into documents that can be easily consumed by a reader that’s less knowledgeable on the topic.
Knowledge of medical processes and terms is typically required, as most of the companies that hire for this position are entities like pharmaceutical companies, biotech agencies, and universities. Certification with the American Medical Writers Association is generally not required but can help you get a better-paying position. Salaries can range as high as $103,000, depending on experience.
- Cybersecurity - An influx of data being housed on so many devices and networks has created a greater need for keeping that information secure. Cybersecurity experts can make up to $117,000 per year to protect a company or individual’s digital systems. The central duties of this position include monitoring networks for security breaches and planning for potential security threats. These well-paid remote workers need a background in information technology (IT).
- Clinical Psychologists - If you have a research-based doctoral degree and thought it couldn’t earn you the same salary at home as it did in the office, think again. Clinical psychologists represent one of the most stable high paying work from home job categories, as mental health is a field that does not have to suffer due to distance. Clinical psychologists can expect to command top-end salaries at $113,000 per year working remotely.
Maybe you would rather seek out high-paying work from home jobs through the lens of popular industries rather than job titles. Some industries were early on the bandwagon of remote work and have refined their hiring and retention strategies to entice higher-quality workers. Here are a few of the top choices for remote work in terms of excellent salaries.
- STEM Related Fields - If you are into science, technology, engineering, and math, remote work opportunities are abundant. Data scientists, programmers, and actuaries have seen continuous growth in recent years.
- Bookkeeping - Everyone from nonprofits to major financiers is burgeoning with placements for employees who have mathematical and computer skills. You can work in client services, art and creative, sales, operations management, or accounting without leaving the comfort of your own home.
- Graphic Design - If visual solutions are more your cup of tea, graphic design fields offer creative people the ability to convert trend-setting ideas into commercial success. The fields of marketing, commercial industry, and technology are always on the hunt for illustrators, layout managers, and creative directors.
- Translation Services - Business is becoming more global by the day, as is the need for optimal language capability in human resources. Promising work from home jobs in translation can be found in almost any company that operates internationally. Bilingual writers, sign language interpreters, document proofreaders, and business translators remain in high demand.
One aspect of working from home that skeptics may overlook is the money saved by traveling less. The funds you used to spend on gas, lunch, and that late afternoon coffee break can now go toward other needs. Having less wear and tear on your car means you ultimately get more of your money’s worth because it lasts longer, and not having to pay for public transportation every day can give you the means to buy a car, or some other large purchase, for yourself much sooner.
A few other benefits of working from home include:
- Nothing is one-size-fits-all with remote work, and it doesn’t have to be. You can enjoy a high-paying work from home job at any degree of structure that suits your work style. If this means devoting large chunks of time to a project or dabbling at it sporadically throughout the day, you have control of how you approach your workload in a way that is not always possible in the office.
- Even your overall health can be improved by remote work. Since you are no longer restricted to a set company schedule, you can get up to take a walk in the middle of the day, do yoga, run errands, or whatever else you need to center your mind and body. You also have greater control over what goes into your body when you are not faced with the break room vending machine each morning.
- You will find there are more hours in the day when you no longer commute. Even if you were just 15 minutes from your office, that’s an extra half-hour each workday that you can channel to something more productive. Having more time means feeling more gratified by what you choose to do with it, which can lower stress.
Ultimately, when considering the paycheck of any job, there is as much to consider regarding well-being as there is to think about money. The “high-paying” part of your remote job can come in monetary and nonmonetary forms.
Joblist helps you browse high-paying work from home jobs by department, top locations, and role. Stopping by Joblist first saves you the valuable time and effort spent sifting the market for real versus fake positions. By providing reliable resources that help you learn how to showcase your talents, Joblist is committed to supporting the ever-growing emphasis on well-paid remote work.